What is it?
- Semaglutide is a ONCE WEEKLY injection that helps patients lose 15-30% of their body fat.
- While every patient’s weight loss journey is different, most patients start losing weight within the first 2 weeks. After the target dose is reached, you will see a larger amount of weight loss. Most patients have been seen losing an average of 8 pounds their first month.
“Let’s get sciencey”
- It is a modified molecule our bodies make, called a GLP-1 analog. It works by increasing insulin production and lowering glucagon secretion as well as targeting areas in the brain that regulate appetite and food intake. A small change in the molecule allows the drug to last weeks in our bodies rather than the natural version our bodies make, which lasts minutes. Originally used for diabetes and sold under the name Ozempic®. In June 2021, Wegovy, brand name Semaglutide, was FDA-approved for weight loss.
How Does Semaglutide Work?
- Semaglutide acts in the following ways:
- Delays how quickly our stomachs digest food. Leading to a feeling of fullness and satisfaction with smaller meal sizes.
- Slows intestinal motility so you will feel fuller longer after meals.
- Lowers blood sugars, in part by reducing the production of sugar in the liver.
- Stimulates insulin secretion by the pancreas.
- Benefits of Semiglutide
- Decreased appetite and cravings
- Weight loss
- Improved blood glucose control
- Side Effects/Contraindications
- The most common side effects include nausea and constipation.
- * Patients also report acid reflux, stomach pain, vomiting, and diarrhea.
- The risk of serious side effects increases in patients with hypoglycemia, kidney problems, and the risk of allergic reactions.
to ensure comfortable treatment with little to no side effects, we had it compounded with 1mg/mL of Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12) added to reduce nausea side effects. Vitamin B12 also increases energy, fat metabolism and provides the building blocks to make healthy DNA.